- Qualifications and/or Relevant Experience
- Standard of Performance Expected for Promotion
- Referee Reports
Qualifications and/or Relevant Experience
A PhD or equivalent qualification or professional experience and achievement is required for promotion to Level C, except in the creative and performing arts or under other very exceptional circumstances.
Applicants for promotion to Level C who do not have the required qualification must make their case for recognition of relevant experience and achievement or other exceptional circumstances.
Relevant professional experience, involving a high level of expertise, will be considered in place of such qualifications in appropriate circumstances, where supported by evidence.
A lack of appropriate qualifications or experience may prevent an applicant being promoted.
Standard of Performance Expected for Promotion
A Level B staff member is expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of the institution, and to carry out activities to maintain and develop his/her professional activities relevant to the profession or discipline.
Lecturers (Level B) will normally have a PhD and/or have relevant qualifications and/or professional, performance or creative experience. Teaching activities include initiation and development of unit materials and may include the supervision of honours and research students. Applicants should show evidence of independence and initiative in or Research and Creativity. They are expected to undertake a range of School and Faculty administrative activities, primarily associated with their teaching activities.
Please refer to the Academic Staff Performance Outcomes and Expecations (ASPEO) Framework for performance expectations prescribed at Level C. Applicants need to demonstrate "an overall competitive case."
Applicants for promotion to Level C must as part of their application, present evidence that they are well advanced towards meeting the expectations and standards of what is required at Level C.
For applicants to Level C, at least one referee must be external to the University.
- Satisfying the minimum levels of performance is a prerequisite to promotion, but alone is not sufficient for promotion.
- Applicants must, as part of their application, present evidence that they are well advanced towards meeting the expectations and requirements of what is required at the next level.
- Evidence of performance in the areas of academic achievement in all cases requires a demonstration not only of activity, but of the quality of outcomes and their significance to the University, state, national, and/or international communities.
- The evidence that applicants are expected to provide is outlined in ASPEO Framework.
Reach Your Potential